Othello Facility Reservation InquiryIf you are interested in reserving a space at our facility for an event, please contact us via this inquiry form or call Jenifer Silva: (509) 335-3500.
Will you be visiting the lovely city of Othello, WA for one of our upcoming workshops?
Here is some information to help you navigate your stay. Below, you’ll find information about lodging, dining, and recreation within a one-hour drive of our facility. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please note this is not an exhaustive list, and this list reflects locations that members of the WSU Bee Program have had experience visiting.
If you have any questions, please call our Othello facility and ask for Jenifer Silva: (509) 335-3500.
Lodging options range from nearby hotels and campgrounds to more luxurious options just a short drive away. Sorted by driving distance from the WSU Honey Bee and Pollinator Research Facility. Moses Lake is about a half hour from Othello by car, and is a resort town with a variety of options beyond what is listed below:
- Quality Inn – about 5 minutes
- Othello Inn and Suites – less than 10 minutes
- Scooteney Park and Campground – 12 minutes +1(509)234-0527
- Potholes State Park – 29 minutes
- Mardon Resort – 29 minutes
- Best Western Plus Lake Front, Moses Lake WA – 29 minutes
- Wingate Hotel, Moses Lake WA – 29 minutes
Don’t be fooled by the limited options on the highway signs, Othello is home to delicious restaurants, cafes, and bars. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite, some yummy baked goods, or a relaxing environment to sit down and chat over a meal, Othello has you covered!
- Ironworks Othello– Great cafe style with full service coffee bar, sandwiches, and light snacks
- Time Out Pizza– Reported by Othello native and WSU Bee program member Riley as “The Best Pizza”
- El Jazmin – taqueria, groceries pastries, etc. Great deli-style breakfast pastry options
- Guadalajara Mexican restaurant – Counter with self-service, self-seating
- Brunswick Bar and Grill – full service American style bar and grill restaurant. Large enough for groups
- Cow Path Bakery – Delicious bakery items and light sandwiches. All made from scratch
Located in beautiful central Washington, Othello is central to a number of different recreation activities, depending on your interest and the season! Nearby camping, state, and regional parks will allow for some rest before or after your workshop and take some time to enjoy the scenery of the Columbia Basin Region. If sipping a glass of wine is more your speed, the Columbia Basin region is internationally recognized for the quality of fruit and terroir of wines produced in the region, and there are several different wineries to visit.
- Potholes State Park
- Columbia National Wildlife Refuge
- Hanford Reach National Monument
- Blue Heron Park
- Moses Lake Museum and Art Center
- Othello Golf Club- 18 hole course with pro-shop and RV park
- Dutch Delight Winery
- Silent Owl Vineyard & Winery- Syrah, Roussane, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Merlot
- Foxy Roxy Wines
- Lawrence Vineyards- known for producing some of the highest scoring Chardonnay and Bordeaux in the PNW